Address:15916 Bernardo Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92127
P.O.C.: firstname.lastname@example.org (Diora Wang)
- Analyze configurations and calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each stationary component, such as walls, columns, beams, and joists, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as extreme weather or earthquakes;
- Perform analysis and interpretations of architectural and structural plans for large wood-framed buildings to aid the preparations of show drawings for wood-framed wall panels and roof trusses;
- Examine structures at risk of collapse and advise how to improve the structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the certain structure;
- Design and implement residential and commercial hardware layout and wall panels, floor and roof joists layout and packages;
- Use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for engineering truss drawings and simulation purposes;
- Review structural drawings of wood framed walls using Mitek Sapphire software.
- Liaise with designers, architects and other engineers to go over plans and blueprints, and to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction, making timetables for the project design;
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to design status;
- Take actions to deal with the RFI, changed condition or emergencies;
- Review work performance as a portion of design responsibilities;
Bachelor degree in civil or structural engineering. Must have design knowledge in seismic design philosophy, ductility concepts, lateral force resisting systems, mechanisms of linear deformation, methods of analysis, detailing structural steel and reinforced concrete elements. Must be proficient in using professional software including SAP 2000, Solidworks, and CAD applications including 2D and 3D transformations and 3D viewing.
: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday